Please allow me to introduce myself…
My name is Marlena Muñoz and I am a licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist with a special interest in Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture, Pain Management, Women’s Disorders, Mental Imbalances and Stress Related Disorders. I earned my Master’s Degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine (MTCM) from Five Branches University in Santa Cruz, California in 2001.
My graduate studies focused on Chinese style acupuncture:
- The first of the five branches of Chinese medicine and often considered the most in-depth and intriguing of the ancient practices of the Orient.
- The second branch is known as Moxibustion. It is another method of stimulating acupuncture points that uses heat and an herb called Ai Ye.
- The third branch of my studies focused on herbal and nutritional therapies.
- The fourth branch is Tui Na which is an ancient form of physical therapy and bodywork.
- The fifth and final branch is Qi Gong which is a movement based meditation for health preservation in body, mind and spirit.
Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine have been used as a healing art for over 2,500 years. The theory of acupuncture is based on the premise of energy or qi which flows throughout the body and relates directly to specific organs and muscular system. When the energy flow is impeded due to trauma, poor diet, medication, stress, or other conditions, pain and illness may result. Acupuncture focuses on restoring these imbalances of energy flow. By inserting ultra-thin needles under the skin at specific points in the body, the healing response is triggered, correcting the balanced flow of qi. This in turn relieves pain and other symptoms.
I have done my post graduate work in pain management, five element theory, women’s disorders and facial rejuvenation acupuncture. I also maintain specialties in digestive disorders, nutritional therapy, pain management, insomnia, anxiety and depression.
I am a second generation healer. I have a deep passion for not only helping patients overcome existing conditions but assisting individuals in maintaining a healthy and thriving lifestyle. I want to share my passion for the healing powers of Acupuncture with you. Acupuncture has had a profound effect on my life and I have witnessed the positive changes it has brought to the lives of so many patients I have treated.
In my own spare time I enjoy an active lifestyle including yoga, wilderness excursions, climbing, running, traveling, and dance.